Friday, November 5, 2010

The First Post - A History

Fairytree Photography began like so many of the other great things in life...because two people fell in love. Corny...I know...but its true...
In early 2009 I, Cindal, got engaged to my boyfriend of almost four years. It was smack dab in some of the hardest hitting parts of the 'recession'. Before long neither of us would have a job let alone what I considered disposable income for things like wedding dresses, candles, flowers, cake, and most of all photographers. I was able through unscrupulous planning and hours on the internet find everything I wanted to make this special time near perfect, expect a photographer. We wanted engagement, bridal, wedding, the whole shabang, but photographers in our area were charging exorbitant amounts.

 It was then that an epiphany struck. We would do our own photos. I had already had  a great many hours logged into Photoshop in the process of designing the bookcovers for my self-published works. I'd had a great interest in photography for years, casually taking pictures and editing them just for fun. Everyone always loved my work. My mother, Linda, was an artist. Had been all her life. She has a good eye for composition and we just happened to have a Rebel Slr camera. The conclusion seemed easy. We decided to take the camera out for a test drive, doing an engagement shoot, hoping for a picture we would be proud to put in our local paper or put up on the wall. What we got was almost a dozen wonderful pictures, the best I'd ever had of myself and that includes the professional senior pictures my parents had ordered 5 years before.








Next we did a bridal shoot, with the same amazing results. We were more than happy to do our wedding the same way. It was then that the first inkling of Fairytree Photography came into being.
After having discussed our plans and deciding we were going through with it, I received the camera I am working with now for my bridal shower as a joint gift from my parents and grandparents. I was tickled pink.
When the day finally arrived and went so fast I'm happy I have those wonderful pictures, I boarded a plane knowing that I would have hours of editing when we got back from our honeymoon especially after I added the pictures I knew I would be taking in the gorgeous land of Ireland.





















When we got back I began planning for Fairytree in earnest spurred on by all the beautiful images I had on the computer screen. I began offering my services to friends and family members for free, anything to get the experience I wanted. Since then I've done portraits, kids, animals, self-portraits...that picture you see next to my name...that's all me from start to finish.










I did my first wedding in June of 2010, enjoying every second of it. It took me a week to get all the pictures absolutely perfect, but in the end I knew the bride was overjoyed with the 40+ edited pictures and the video montage of her ceremony. And did I charge $2,000 and up for my services, covering over three hours including the ceremony and reception? Heck no, and I never will. No matter how successful we get I will never charge the exorbitant amounts that ironically made Fairytree Photography possible.
So if your interested in having beautiful affordable  pictures no matter the occasion please let us know, we'll be happy to turn your memories into magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment