Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waiting On Kathleen


So here are some of my favorites from last weeks maternity shoot by Fairytree Photography. Little Baby Kathleen is due in less than a week now, and with trips to the hospital it was a wonder in and of itself the mother was able to find time to due a maternity shoot. But we were able to squeeze it in and she will now have some amazing pictures to document this time period. To see more of these magic memories please visit us on facebook and look under 'Waiting on Baby-Maternity'
The silhouette absolutely a must have picture for a maternity shoot. It really highlights the form of the pregnant woman in a beautiful and evocative way. This particular picture is made even more precious by the weeping willow leaves hanging in the background, giving it an almost dreamy beauty.

This second picture is a testament as to why you should always keep shooting. Our Expectant Mother was trying to convince her three year old little boy to pose for me by either putting his hands on her belly or kissing it...he was having none of it. So while they were having their little chat, I just happily clicked away and scored this picture...one of the mother's favorites out of the shoot.
This one is a staple of the maternity photography. I made this bow and a matching blue one just about a week or two before. It really highlights how motherhood is a gift and that this particular gift... is a girl.
These are a pair of the new babies shoes. I know the mother is anxious for her baby girl to get here, so she can wear them.
Don't underestimate the props you have on hand. This cute little baby box was in our mother's home just sitting there waiting for us to use it. It was perfect for the session.
Its always important to make sure your older kids feel well loved and included during this time period when everything is about the baby. Interesting side note...the entire time we were shooting I did not realize his shirt said 'big brother' until I got home and started the editing process. What a great picture.
I love this idea! It was a little difficult to track down some baby blocks in this day and age but well worth it. The set that I had didn't include a 'T' but with a little creative editing the result was still spectacular. Obviously this only works with certain baby names and it depends on the size and curvature of the belly. I'm going to be ordering a complete set soon, because I adore this shot.
While this picture in and of itself isn't particularly amazing, the story behind it is. And that's why I've included it in my picks, because I know the mother was thrilled with it. The small doll in her lap is her baby doll from when she was a baby. The blanket behind her is a handmade quilt made for the new baby. The kicker both of these items were made by the mother's grandmother! How much more special can you get?
I call this the Goddess. It's a particular idea I have that one can never be closer to being a goddess than when one is about to give birth, to create life. The mother in the picture wasn't thrilled about showing her belly, but a little creative editing turned her pink undershirt into a nice nude color that you almost can't tell isn't real skin. I added just a little glow and poof, instant goddess!

No comments:

Post a Comment